The Enrichment Practice
is a continuing education program developed by Nikki Costello for students committed to the study and practice of yoga. This 3-day course creates a retreat environment where students have an opportunity to explore themselves in depth through the practice of asana, pranayama and meditation. Simultaneously, Nikki skillfully threads a philosophical theme throughout the three days and facilitates a dialogue amongst participants to challenge, inspire, and provoke their understanding of yoga as a path of self-development and transformation.
In this course you will:
- Practice the shape and basic actions in the foundational asanas; including standing poses, seated poses, forward extensions, backward extensions and inversions
- Experience deep relaxation and meditation with simple and effective pranayama instruction
- Refine your sitting posture for meditation
- Engage in a contemplative dialogue exploring the teachings of yoga and meditation as it relates to your personal sadhana
- Debrief each practice session with the group to expand your knowledge by listening to the diverse and unique voice of each participant
- Gain clarity through your own experience for sharing and teaching these practices to your students
WHO ARE YOU?
A dedicated yoga student and/or teacher who seeks out opportunities to learn, appreciates the guidance of an experienced teacher and enjoys the atmosphere created between like minded people who gather together to in truth and purpose.
Upon completion, you will have 25 hours of Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance under The Practice by Nikki Costello.
Friday, November 2- Sunday, November 4
- 8am- Pranayama
- 9am- Pause/Reflect
- 9:30am- 1pm Study and Practice
- 1:00- 2:30 pm Lunch Pause
- 2:30- 6:00 pm Study and Practice
- TBD (NYC rental space)
There is an application process to be completed by all who wish to participate in The Enrichment Practice.