TBD The Enrichment Practice: On Dialogue, In Community
On Dialogue, In Community
The Enrichment Practice
Stay tuned…. dates coming soon!
The Enrichment Practice is:
• a continuing education program for dedicated students and teachers of yoga
• an inclusive learning space fostering dialogue and community
• an opportunity to engage with renowned educators across multidimensional disciplines
• a practical and philosophical approach towards self-development
On Dialogue, In Community will focus on the principles and practices of dialogue education in adult learning. We will examine questions like, What is dialogue education? How does dialogue education enhance learning? Is dialogue education viable in yoga spaces? How can dialogue proceed in a yoga class that is routinely set-up as a non-verbal learning environment? In what ways is our learning a personal endeavor? In what ways does our learning become our social responsibility?
By the end of this course participants will have:
• Experienced dialogue education using learning tasks
• Examined the origins of dialogue education
• Reviewed the principles and practices of dialogue education
• Compared dialogue and anti-dialogical learning
• Defined a learning task and explored the four elements of a learning task
• Developed a plan to implement dialogue education into your yoga practice and/or teaching
Participants will go away with a clear understanding of how to create learner-centered content that is inclusive and accessible. This skill can be applied to creating classes, workshops and retreats as well as online courses and social media engagement.
About Nikki and Dialogue Education
Nikki Costello was first introduced to the principles and practices of dialogue education in 2000. She received certification in Foundations of Dialogue Education and Advanced Learning Design in 2007 from Global Learning Partners (https://www.
Please apply HERE for the Enrichment Practice, On Dialogue, In Community.